Some review sites allow your customers to send private messages. To ensure that you receive these messages, you will need to enable notifications on your review sites. This process is simple and takes only a moment of your time. Watch the tutorial video, or review the steps below.
FYI, Google does not allow any form of private messaging. For information on enabling notifications for other review sites, we suggest checking their help pages.
How to Enable Notifications on Yelp
1. Go to biz.yelp.com/login and log in to your Yelp for Business account.
2. Click on “Account Settings” located in the red bar at the top of the page.
3. Click on “Language and Notification” from the column on the left-hand side of the page.
Click on “Manage your email preferences” located beneath where it says “Account Information.”
4. You will be taken to the Language and Notifications page. Make sure “Send me an email when customers message me” is enabled with a blue checkmark.
5. Click the red button at the bottom of the page that says “Save Settings.”
You will now receive email notifications whenever you receive a private message from a customer.